The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

He Hears Me... Really.


This morning, my glasses broke. One of the screws had come undone, so Leah tried to fix it for me. As she was attempting to help, the screw fell on the floor, and we frantically tried to find it with no luck. I stopped and told Leah that we needed to pray to Heavenly Father to help us find the screw. We did so, and once again started to look for it. After a few minutes (I had to stop because I needed to get to school soon), I started making my bed. As I was putting the pillows back on, I stepped on something tiny, but sharp. And yes, you guessed it. It was the screw. I know that my Father in Heaven hears me, even though this is such a small and simple experience. But isn't that how our Heavenly Father works? He almost never gives us huge miracles to rely on. He wants us to have faith in the small and simple things. That is how our testimonies are strengthened. I love Him with all of my heart, and I am immensely grateful that he gave me the opportunity to be up here at BYU-I.

No comments:

Post a Comment