The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Best Vacation I Ever Went On

Recently, I have been thinking about the best trip I ever went on: the cross-country Church history month-long journey with my family (Mom, Dad, Josh, Ann Marie, and Greg). I was 13 years old. I can't believe it was 8 years ago.

We traveled to so many magnificent places. Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Pennsylvania, New York, Wyoming, and so much more. We saw the Manti and Hill Cummorah pageants, Nauvoo, Sacred Grove, Adam-ondi-Ahman, Gettysburg, Niagara Falls, Chicago, Moab, Martin's Cove, Flaming Gorge, and the list goes on and on and on.

I am so lucky to have the parents that I do. Can you imagine how expensive a trip like that would be? Driving all the way across the country and back while towing a huge trailer? I didn't realize when I was 13 that my parents were sacrificing so much to take us all on that trip. But I do realize it now.

That trip was a life-changing experience. It was on that trip that I gained my testimony of Joseph Smith as the prophet in these latter days who helped restore the true Church to the earth. I began to understand the importance of the Gospel in my life. I grew to love my family more. I learned what it felt like to really feel the Spirit touch my life.

I am eternally grateful for that amazing chance I had to see and explore the country with my awesome family. I don't know how I could ever repay my parents for what they did for me. I love them dearly. I hope to be able to take my own kids on a trip like this someday.






No comments:

Post a Comment