The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birthday Fun

It's been over a month since my 21st birthday, but I have a bunch of pictures, and I need to blog!

Fortunately, I had a four day weekend for my birthday. My birthday happened to be on a Friday this year, and my boss at work gave me a paid vacation for that day as a gift. My boss is seriously the coolest. She is so down to earth and awesome. Monday was also a holiday; I think it was President's Day. I seriously was so spoiled with that awesome break from school and work. And on top of all that, Thursday was Valentine's Day!

Greg really made me feel so special on Valentine's. He usually is very sweet and loving toward me, but he was extra sweet on that day. We walked up the big hill onto campus early that morning, and before we parted ways to go to our classes and to work (we usually don't see each other from 8-5 or later every day), he stopped me and gave me 9 envelopes. He told me that I had to open one on the hour every hour that we were apart, and ONLY one. I'm sure he was worried that I wouldn't be able to wait that long for each letter, but I did. The first letter basically told me that he wanted me to know that he was thinking about me all day and that he loves me very much. Every letter after that was a page of different things that he loves about me. It was seriously so cute. It meant so much to me.

Well, since Valentine's Day was so nice, my birthday weekend was off to a great start! I really had wanted to go out of town to St. George or Vegas because of the long weekend, but we decided not to. Instead, when Greg asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday, I told him I wanted to go to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. I had never been before, and I thought it would be really fun. I was right! It was a blast! We saw elephants (my favorite!), giraffes, gorillas, wolves, tons of birds, nasty reptiles (ew... my worst nightmare), tigers, other types of cats, bears, sea lions, and more! It was a bit chilly outside because it was still winter, but it was bearable. It was totally worth it. The nice thing was, because it was so cold, hardly anyone was there, so we didn't have to deal with a huge crowd. It was fun to do this with Greg. We really enjoyed each others' company and loved seeing the amazing animals.

On the way to the zoo

After the zoo, we went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Unfortunately, the place I wanted to go to, Red Iguana, was wayyyyy too packed, and we didn't have reservations. So, CPK it was. Maybe I chose it because I wanted to feel like I was in California. I don't know. Either way, it was delicious.

I opened the most awesome gift from Greg while we were at dinner. He has really been learning how to design things on what's called a CAD system. Basically, he designs a lot of parts for his work and then he prints them off in a 3D printer. Well, he decided to design some flower earrings for me, and then he had them printed in a 3D printer. Pretty cool, huh? I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them, and I fell in love with him even more too (aw, so sweet, I know). I felt pretty special. I just love that guy so much.

The next day, Saturday, Greg took me mini golfing. It was so much fun! We haven't been mini golfing for a couple of years. I will say, I won, both rounds. Greg was getting pretty frustrated; I think he was embarrassed that his wife was beating him. I was just loving it, not in a mean way or anything, but I was teasing Greg. It was fun competing with him.

Sunday was really nice. We didn't do anything too crazy, just hung out around the apartment. And Greg had to work on Monday for a little bit, but it was still nice to be with him when he got home. We actually went ice skating.

I'm so grateful for Greg and for his love for me. He always treats me as best as he can, and I appreciate it so much. My birthday was so great, definitely one I'll remember.


  1. was your tree pre-lit with white lights? if it was, i totally think it might be ours. haha. i sold it to someone while we were in SLC not realizing that one of the legs wasn't in the box.

  2. Haha it was totally pre-lit with white lights. But we got it in Provo.