The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Decorating, Sugar Cookies, and Family Time

Greg and I have had an amazing Christmas season. We really wanted to get into the Christmas spirit this year and remember Christ. We tried to read a story of Christ from the Bible every night so we could remember what He did for us. He is our Savior, and we owe Him everything we have. Along with that, we also wanted our house to feel very warm and Christmasy. So we decided to decorate our house!




This is our ridiculous tree stand. We got our tree from D.I. for like 10 bucks, but it was missing part of the stand. Greg constructed a makeshift stand. Even though it looks pretty ridiculous, it's pretty good, huh?

We also made some delicious sugar cookies! We didn't have a cookie cutter, so we cut them all out with a knife. Along with the cookies, Greg made some other walnut ball cookie things, and I made some Oreo truffles. I think we bit off more than we could chew with those cookies. By the end of the night, we were exhausted. It was a lot of work. But our sweets were delicious!





 One night during December, we went to Salt Lake to see "Savior of the World" with Greg's family at the Conference Center. It was a nice production, and we had a nice time with the family. Afterward, we walked around City Creek, and came across these huge ornaments made out of candy in front of Macy's. These things were so cool!


I love the Christmas season. I mean, I don't know who doesn't. But it's such a fun, exciting, and wonderful time. I especially love listening to Christmas music. I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment