The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camping Trip With The Livingston's!

About a week ago, Greg and I went on a really fun camping trip with his family (except Jocelyn and Chris- they are still in Florida unfortunately). It was so much fun! We went up to the Uinta's and camped at Mirror Lake. It was a short trip, so we just stayed the night one night and then got up the next morning and hiked to another beautiful lake. I LOVE camping. It's one of my favorite things to do. We fished a lot, ate s'mores and a delicious pork dinner mixed with onions and yams in a dutch oven, and just had a great time being with each other.

The night we were at Mirror Lake, Greg caught a fish for us to eat. Lauren wanted to eat one of the eyeballs (according to her bucket list). She actually did it. It was disgusting. But I was pretty impressed that she really did it! I think she just about gagged. Later on, Greg and I were laughing a ton as we went to bed. Well, actually, I was laughing a ton. I pretty much was hogging the entire tent and Greg was smooshed up against the side. It was so funny. Probably not that funny to everyone else because I was being pretty loud while everyone was trying to sleep. But it was so funny to me!

Here's just a part of Mirror Lake, where we camped. It was beautiful. And mosquito infested. But it was still great!

What a stud. That's my husband right there.

Here's some of us getting ready for our hike in the morning up to Wall Lake.

And here is the gorgeous Wall Lake! To the left, there were some pretty sweet rocks to jump off into the lake, but the lake was FREEZING, so we didn't end up doing it.

Cute Sammy. He loves to fish!

The girls (Alisa went right up to the lake and started fishing as soon as we got there).

Once again, my handsome hubby.

Shaun and his new girlfriend Susie. She's really cool and super nice. It was fun to have her come along on the trip.


So, here is a picture of one of the ten fish Greg caught that day. I was so jealous and really frustrated. I ended up catching one fish. Greg's just a natural I guess. It was fun though, even if it was super frustrating. Greg and I walked down this creek and fished all along it. It was beautiful.

My fish was micro, but Greg's was decent. At first it was hard for me to pick up the fish because I was a little bit grossed out (as shown in this picture) but I eventually got over it and gutted it a few minutes later with Greg's help.

Notice the fish are kissing in this picture. How romantic.

We had a ton of fun! I'm really glad we got to go on this little quick trip with Greg's family. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip, but it was definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment