The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Boy!

On Wednesday, we got the pleasure of celebrating Greg's 23rd birthday. It was so much fun! I really wanted his day to be special for him. But, let's rewind first. Last Saturday, Greg's family came down to Provo to take Greg (and me) out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (which is one of the best restaurants out there, let me just say). We spent some time with them afterward at our apartment as well. It was really nice to be with them, and I know Greg really appreciated it.

Then, on Tuesday night, I prepped for the next morning: I made the dough for homemade cinnamon rolls and spent a while trying to prepare for his birthday. On Wednesday morning, I got up a little earlier than Greg and cooked the cinnamon rolls, made the frosting, blew up some balloons, and hung up a "Happy Birthday" sign. 
They may not look as good as they tasted. They were soooo yummy!

I got quite a few presents for Greg; they weren't necessarily the most expensive things I could find, but I wanted him to be able to open a lot of different things, not just one thing.

Earlier in the week, I let him open one of the gifts, which was the game "Taboo." On the morning of his birthday, I let him open another one (he kind of requested that he wanted to open most of his presents after dinner). I had previously gone to D.I. and gotten some video cassettes: Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings #1, and True Grit (with John Wayne). They were super cheap, and I figured we could go get a really cheap video cassette player at D.I. as well. Who cares if it's a DVD right?
After we had breakfast, we both had class and didn't get home until about 3:15 pm. As soon as we got home, I started making dinner. I made Spinach-Chicken Stromboli, which has tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, spinach, chicken, and italian seasoning all inside some dough/bread and you dip it in pizza sauce. It is one of our favorites. We also drank some sparkling cider, and had dinner by candlelight (and partially the light from the sun).
 After dinner, we were soooo stuffed! We decided it was time for presents, and that we would wait on dessert. During present-opening time, I took so many pictures, and Greg was getting slightly annoyed (all in good fun), but I didn't really care. I wanted to have pictures to look at when we get older, and also that we can show our kids. I really value taking pictures; I think it is very important and jogs our memories when we see them.

Greg got some money from his grandparents and parents. He was thrilled. It was very thoughtful of all of them to send him something on his birthday. Then he opened all of the presents from me. He got a couple more board games, "Scattergories" and "Rummikub," a new teal plain shirt, a plaid teal and cream colored dress shirt, and some new cream-colored Vans. It was so fun watching him open all of those gifts!



By the end, he was done taking pictures.

But fear not! I took even more after the presents were opened! I had made Greg a cake- chocolate with cream cheese frosting. So, I lit the candles and brought out the cake while singing "Happy Birthday" to him. He made his wish, and we enjoyed our slices of delicious cake!
After we finished eating, we decided to finish our 1000 piece puzzle that we had been working on for about a week. It was very tough, let me just tell you. But here is our finished product!
I really loved being able to celebrate my sweetheart's birthday on Wednesday. He deserves the best. I love my husband so much! Happy 23rd Birthday, best friend!

1 comment:

  1. Sam I just saw ur blog here and it is so cute. You and Greg are so adorable and it's so great to see you two so happy. Hope to see you soon!
    Tracey McCord

    ReplyDelete