The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Well, Greg and I decided it was time to do our pumpkin carving for Halloween (I have been so excited about this ever since the pumpkins started being sold at the store). It was a lot of fun! We both were trying to conceal what we were carving so we couldn't see what the other person was doing. I wanted to carve the Cat in the Hat, but as I was doing it, it was wayyyy too hard, and I ended up ruining one side of the pumpkin! We were using steak knives, so that's my excuse.

I ended up carving a simple pumpkin face on the other side of my pumpkin. That didn't work out so well either, let me just say. Those dang knives were so tricky to use! When I was finished, I decided to see how Greg's was coming along. Of course, his was turning out perfectly despite the horrible knives we were using to carve.
Of course we had to make some pumpkin seeds!
We just had so much fun!
Here are the finished products:
Left side-Greg: He carved Lord Voldemort which looked perfect.
Right side-Sam: I carved a normal pumpkin face with the failed Cat in the Hat on the other side, but you can't see it.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment