The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Monday, October 10, 2011

My Wisdom Is Gone!

ALERT! My wisdom has been removed from my mouth. Yep, that's right. My teeth were pulled last week. Can I just say that it is the weirdest feeling to wake up from an oral surgery like that? Let me start from the beginning:

It all started because one of my stupid wisdom teeth started to break through my gums at an extremely rapid rate. My gums swelled up, and my tooth was trying to grow through a very thick piece of my mouth. So, to say the least, it was very painful. I went to the oral surgeon, had an x-ray, and made the date for two days later to get my teeth removed. I was terrified. I kept asking Greg all of these random questions about if it hurt or not, if I was going to wake up or not, if I was going to feel anything during the surgery, etc. I'm sure he thought I was crazy. Anyways, I went and got them out and when I woke up, I felt really drowsy, obviously. In fact, the nurse couldn't understand what I was saying. I also couldn't walk properly. The worst part was that I could feel where they cut into me and it HURT. I told Greg about 8 times on our 20 minute ride to the pharmacy that it really hurt. Needless to say, I got the medicine (painkillers that make me really drowsy and nauseous) and I'm still taking them because it still hurts! When will the pain end? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment