The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Last Day of Work/Our 3rd Anniversary

Well, I've had a very eventful past week. Last Friday was my last day of work as a secretary in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at BYU. It was sort of bittersweet. I was excited to just be done working and move onto a different part of my life, but I was very sad to leave a lot of the people I work with. The reason I had to quit work is because starting on Tuesday, I will be student teaching full time during my last semester of college. There is no way I would be able to work and student teach at the same time; it would just be too crazy. I'm basically going to be "working" (student teaching) for no pay for a semester. Then, our little baby will arrive in early January after I'm done with school, and that will bring on a whole new definition of busy. For the time being, Greg will continue to work, and we both are getting some pretty great grants/scholarships, so we will be fine. It's just a little odd to not have to go in to work every day! I'm not used to it!

The night before my last day of work, Wave came over, and she and I highlighted each other's hair. It was a lot of fun! Great memories!

Here's Wave before...

During...



Here's me before...

During...

Wave after we highlighted it, but before she washed it all out.

Shaun ended up coming up and seeing what we were doing. He wanted a blonde streak in his hair apparently. Needless to say, it didn't actually do anything to his hair. I think his hair was just way too dark.

Me after I washed all of the stuff out and blow dried my hair.

The next day was my last day. Wave had put up this sign for me at work for when I got in. It was really cute!

This was a few days before my last day, but we kind of celebrated it when all of us secretaries were there. From left to right: Shaleah, Wave, me, and Jessica.

Dr. Hawkins gave me a schmock as a going away present. How nice of him.


We had a lot of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to celebrate! My favorite!

This is one of my very best friends, Shaleah. She just got home from her mission a little over a month ago and came back to work. I just love her so much!

We have a lot of fun together.


So, on that little sign I'm pointing at, it says "Happy Retirement & Baby!" But for some reason, several people came in and didn't see the "&" sign, so they thought it said "Happy Retirement, Baby!" It was a crack-up! So I'm just clarifying what the sign meant in this picture.


The day after my last day of work, Greg and I went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. It was awesome! We love to do things like this together. 

We saw some awesome sharks!

Some cool fish!


My favorite part was seeing the penguins. 

We saw some cool frogs.

My cutie.

On Monday, Greg and I went up to Ogden Canyon to a place called the Alaskan Inn for our anniversary for a couple of days. Our 3rd anniversary was on Tuesday. It was amazing! This inn was very rustic and secluded in the canyon. The whole vibe was a touch of Alaska here in Utah. Our room was super cool; I totally recommend this place to anyone who wants a fun weekend away!

On Monday night, Greg and I went to a drive-in movie. We saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You can imagine how great of a movie it was... Haha. I had never been to a drive-in movie, so it was a really fun experience! I loved it!

For the two mornings we were at the Alaskan Inn, they brought us complimentary breakfast straight to our door. It was amazing. I don't think I've ever had better French Toast in my life. The fun thing was that we got to choose what we wanted in our meal the night before. It was awesome!! 

On our anniversary on Tuesday, we went and explored the canyon. We went up near Snowbasin Ski Resort, and it was beautiful!



Greg picked me this beautiful flower. 

We then decided we would take a little nature hike. It was beautiful and so fun!

Greg brought his fly fishing rod. I was in a good mood, so I told him I didn't mind that he fished on our anniversary. He was really cute, though. He wanted to teach me how to fly fish, so he didn't just leave me behind and fish on the creek on our hike; he had me actually fish myself. It was fun! 

Greg threw the line in for the first time during the day, and immediately, he caught this little fish. It was so awesome! We both just looked at each other with surprise and started laughing! It was only a little 6 incher, but it was pretty awesome that he caught it on the first cast.

We saw this really cool uprooted tree on our hike.

I just love Greg so much!



A view of the little trail we were on.

For our anniversary dinner, we went to a restaurant called Rickenbacker's Steak House. It was right next to the Ogden Airport, so at our table, we were overlooking the runway. We saw tons of planes taking off. The entire restaurant was airplane themed. I think the owner was a WWII air force veteran. It was really cool there, and the food was delicious too!


There were planes all over the place in that building!



I don't know anyone more sweet than Greg. He is extremely thoughtful and so creative! For our anniversary, he designed these two rings for me. One is made out of steel, but gold-plated. The other is made out of stainless steel. He took special care in the design and how he wanted them to look. He is amazing! I love when he designs things just for me. Not pictured here is another gift he gave me. It was a jar full of sticks- each stick has a date idea on it. When we want to go on a date, I can just pick one of those sticks and that's what we will do! I love how thoughtful Greg is!

I got Greg an iPad 1. It's definitely not the latest iPad or the best, but it was relatively cheap and it works great! I think he really likes it.

Here's the outside of the Alaskan Inn. It was really cool!

Some beautiful flowers next to our inn.

This is a pathway to some other cabins at the Alaskan Inn. Pretty cool.

School starts in a couple of days, and our lives are going to be crazy! I start student teaching and my last semester, and Greg starts his Capstone project and his second to last semester. It's going to be busy! But we have had so much fun these past couple of days. One of our favorite things about being married is how we are best friends. We love to do everything together. I'm so blessed to be married to Greg. He's the best part of my life. 3 years down! Many, many more to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment