The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lots of Goodies in 2014!

We have been up to a lot of things these past few weeks! It has been a busy, crazy, amazing, and fun summer so far!

These first few pictures are of our Fourth of July weekend. Greg's mom's side had a family reunion, and we got to do a lot with them. It was fun seeing a lot of the people on that side that we don't see very often. We did so much, too! The first night, Grandma Sisco paid for everyone to go see Les Miserables at the Scera in Orem. It was actually really good. I'm not a huge fan of Les Mis, but the actors were actually really great. The next day was the Fourth, so we went to the Provo Parade for a little bit, and then we went and hung out with the family.

My cutie at the parade.

There were so many people, and it was way too hot to be standing in the sun. I felt like I was going to faint from overheating. 

When we went over to Grandma Sisco's after the parade, there was this cool physicist there. He showed us a bunch of cool stuff that had to do with physics (obviously). I really don't know how else to explain it.

In this picture, one of Greg's cousins laid down on a bed of nails, and supposedly, it doesn't hurt you because your weight is dispersed across all of the nails. It was cool. 

Another cousin even stepped onto the cousin that was laying down on the nails. 

The physicist also showed us centripetal motion.  

Crysti, Greg's aunt, stood and touched a Van de Graaff generator. It basically puts static through your body, and so her hair ended up sticking out. It was funny.  

Greg's cousin, Eva, also touched it. Her hair went wild!


This is Mackenzie's baby, Noah. He is such a cutie! 

There was also a talent show that we all got to watch and some got to participate in. It was great!

This is Mallory, Greg's cousin, singing the National Anthem during the talent show. 

We also got to see some old pictures of Greg's grandparents. This is a picture of his grandpa when he was younger. Pretty funny.

This is Grandma Sisco when she was a kid. So cute!

Here's Sam, getting ready for the fireworks!


The next day, we went to a park to take a huge family picture with everyone who could make it. Here's just a picture of us kind of waiting around.

We also went up to Midway for a "Family History Treasure Hunt." We pretty much just learned about a lot of cool things about Greg's family. 

We got to go into a barn, and the kids were loving it! 

The view of Heber Valley from the top of the hot spring.

Some of the family standing over the hot spring. 

We had a lot of fun with Greg's family. It was a busy weekend, but it was great to be with them!

So, in mid-July, we went down to southern Utah near Cedar City to go camping with my family. My parents were there, and then Ann Marie and her boyfriend (Trent) and another friend (Matt) came down as well. It was seriously SO much fun! It was a treat to see my family again. We did a lot together: we played cards, went to Zion National Park (the Narrows), played tetherball, played games, and had so much fun together. Greg, my dad, my mom, Ann Marie, Matt, and Trent rode dirtbikes/four wheelers too! And guess what! I even rode a four wheeler as well! I took it pretty easy, due to the baby, but it was so fun! I wasn't planning on riding anything because of being pregnant, but we took some pretty easy roads, and it was great! We all really had a fun time together!

Greg, Dad, Ann Marie, Matt, and Trent all took a night ride one night, and my mom and I drove behind them in our car. It was fun!

We went to these cool underground caves one day. It was pretty awesome. Here's Ann Marie posing.

Dad, Mom, AM, Trent, Matt, and Greg outside of the cave.

My love and me... and Trent. 

Outside the caves.

We all got some pretty cool dirt mustaches after riding. It almost looks like I have brown lipstick on.


Mom and me at Strawberry Point during our ride on the quads. Zion is in the background, although you can't really see it that well.


So, basically immediately after we got back from southern Utah with my family, my mom, Ann Marie, and I went to New York City to visit with Steve and Ray! It was AN ABSOLUTELY BLAST! We had sooooo much fun! We did so much, but here is a highlight of the things we got to do while we were there.

The first night we were there, we went to Lincoln Center. Ray and Steve were laughing because I kept saying, "Where's THE Lincoln Center?" instead of just saying "Lincoln Center." I also thought we were at Lincoln Center before we actually got there. I was pretty clueless, to be honest. It was funny.

Here's the big waterfall at Lincoln Center.

Here's the beautiful Metropolitan Opera.

This is Steve and Ray's cute dog, Tempo! He was so much fun to play with, and he's such a good dog!

This is the view from Steve and Ray's apartment. Pretty sweet!

The second day we were there, we walked past this place. This is where the Soup Nazi is from Seinfeld. It was fun to see it.


We also walked past Carnegie Hall. Both Steve and Ray have played here, which I think is pretty awesome.

We went to Tiffany's on 5th Avenue. There are so many beautiful things in that place. This picture shows the Tiffany diamond. Steve and Ray say it's Tiffany's most famous gem. It was beautiful.

Some beautiful Tiffany & Co. engagement rings.

My mom got me a beautiful key necklace from Tiffany's! I am so excited! It is just perfect! She also got herself a pretty infinity necklace, and Ann Marie got an infinity ring. It was so kind and generous of her! 

Here's my key necklace!

And here's Mom's beautiful necklace!

We had to take some glamour shots, of course.



We did a lot of touristy things. I mean, that's all part of going to New York! But, we did get to do a lot of things that weren't so touristy because we had Steve and Ray with us. They took us to some really yummy restaurants and showed us around places that aren't as well known. It was awesome! I loved that!

Here's Louis Vuitton on 5th Avenue. Pretty cool.

We also went to St. Patrick's Cathedral. It's amazing inside. They are currently doing some construction, but it was beautiful, none the less. 

Here's the statue by Rockefeller Center.

And here's Rockefeller Center. It threw me off guard to not see the ice skating rink there instead. I love this place at Christmastime.

More Rockefeller Center.

And here's Times Square. This is not my favorite place; it's just too packed with people!




My mom got us tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera for half price! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW! It was soooo good! I had never seen it before live, so it was a real treat! I have been wanting to see it so badly, so when it started, and they pulled the big chandelier up, I got a little teary-eyed. It was so awesome!

Ann Marie was excited too!

Here's the stage. We sat a little higher up, but they were still really great seats! 

After Phantom, we went and got some cheap New York pizza. I was in love. I'm pretty much obsessed with this greasy stuff.

As a side note, here I am at 16 and a half weeks! Starting to grow!

Anyway, the next day we went down to SoHo to go to Warby Parker and walk around. I really love the buildings in SoHo. They are so old and beautiful.

We then walked all the way down to the World Trade Center Memorial. It was amazing. There was such a peaceful feeling there, separate from the rest of NYC. It's a special place. It was kind of sad to walk through and remember what happened.

Here's the new World Trade Center. It is GIGANTIC. It's amazing!


Here's the memorial. It was beautiful. There are so many trees and so much open space.

Here's the memorial for the North Tower. It was absolutely amazing. Just so different from the rest of the city. Around the edge of the memorial, there are just tons of names of the people who died from the tragedy that happened at this tower. There is another one of these memorials for the South Tower as well. The memorials also remember those who were killed in the 1993 bombing.


Mom, Ann Marie, and me at the memorial. 

At the North Tower Memorial.

One night, Ray made us these cute little things! He carved out a watermelon and put strawberry Jell-o into the middle. It was really yummy!

One of our last days there, Steve and Ray took us down to Chinatown to try some dim sum. Dim sum is basically just a bunch of small dishes of food that you eat. Little Chinese women walk around with carts full of these little dishes that you can get. I was IN LOVE. It was so delicious!! I totally recommend going, wherever you are.

Mom and Ann Marie at the restaurant.

The restaurant was huge! 

We saw this BMW as we came out of the restaurant. It was nuts!

Chinatown 

More Chinatown

Steve took us down to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. We walked through the financial district to get there. Here are some awesome buildings near Wall Street. 

Down at Battery Park. It was such a cool view!

Battery Park

Me in Battery Park.

It was a gorgeous day!! You can see the Statue of Liberty teeny tiny in this picture. 

Unfortunately, we were too late in getting tickets to get onto the Statue. But it was still totally worth it to come down and see it from afar. 

Steve then took us to Union Square. Steph had taken me to this delicious restaurant, Max Brenner. They serve DELICIOUS chocolate. Unfortunately we didn't stay to eat, but my mom did buy my dad some delicious little chocolates from here. 

Union Square

Union Square. This is at 14th street. We walked all the way back to Steve's apartment from here, which is on 53rd street. Needless to say, we walked a ton that day. Steve has a Fit Bit, and it said we walked about 10 miles that day.

The beautiful Empire State Building. 

And here's the Flat Iron Building. It's so cool! 


Right next to the Flat Iron Building was this delicious place where we got gelato called Eataly (like Itay, get it?). I got mint chocolate chip! It was such a fun restaurant/store!


Our last night in NYC, Steve and Ray took us to this delicious Italian restaurant. I honestly can't even remember the name, but I got this really good pepperoni and arugula pizza. 

Here were some of my favorite parts about NYC this trip: spending time with my mom, sister, brother, and soon to be brother-in-law; bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar; Steve taking us around Manhattan to some cool local places; the Phantom of the Opera; Tiffany & Co.; the amazing restaurants we got to eat at! New York was amazing! I'm so glad my mom was willing to take us, and I'm happy that Steve and Ray took us in while we were there! I miss it and them already!

If you think all of this was a ton during this summer, we have more coming up! It's been an amazing summer so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment