The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Friday, September 27, 2013

Congratulations to Pedro and Leah Mendoza!

Leah and Pedro got married! It was such an exciting weekend! They got married in the Los Angeles Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday, September 21, 2013. They are a gorgeous couple and they were just radiating with happiness. I am so glad I got to be there for them, and I wish them all the happiness in the world! The actual sealing was so special and so spiritual, and I know that they will never forget those moments in the temple. Congrats to Pedro and Leah Mendoza! (It's still kind of weird to call her that).

I flew down to California on Thursday night, and left bright and early on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, Greg couldn't come with me; it was just too expensive to fly both of us down, and it would've been too short of a weekend to drive down together. Even though I missed him so much, it was still a blast!

Thursday night after I flew in, I got to spend a lot of time just talking with my parents all night. I miss them so incredibly much. They are the best parents in the world (I know I'm biased). Then Friday I ate lunch with my dad, and then went over to the Stanford building where the reception was going to be. A ton of Leah's family and friends were there to help set up, but even with all of the hands, there was so much to do! We all spent all day perfecting the cultural hall. It was hard work, and we were so busy, but it turned out great! I got to spend time with Brianna Caddy, Leah's friend, and Lexis, Leah's sister. It was so much fun. We also got to help put the bouquets and flowers together with Sister Campbell, which was great!

After helping at the church, I ran right over to Greg and Karina's apartment in Costa Mesa. Oh my goodness, Savannah and Sterling are the CUTEST little babies. I just can't even handle it. They melt my heart. If there is any family that I love and miss SO much in the world, it's Greg and Karina's family. I know I probably am over-dramatic about how much I love those guys, but it's true! Karina is so awesome too; she made dinner for all of us. I just love her. Here are some adorable videos of Savannah (my mom, my dad, Karina, Greg, and I were trying to get her to sing and do hand motions to the songs with us).




I am so bummed I didn't even get ONE picture of Sterling! How lame of me! He was a little angel though. So perfect.

Well, right after I was done at Greg and Karina's, I zoomed over to BJ's on Main Street in Huntington Beach to have a girl's night out with Leah, all the bridesmaids, and some of Leah's cousins. It was Leah's last little hurrah before she was married. Her last night as "Leah Hicken." It was so fun! We all just chatted and tried to calm some of Leah's nerves (really, she was so excited, but a little nervous). It was so great!

Our amazing Pizookie. Just a little piece of Heaven. I think it was a cookies and cream cookie, a red velvet cookie, and a chocolate chip cookie all on one plate with some giant scoops of vanilla ice cream. Best dessert ever.

The beautiful bride.


I know, blurry and a pretty terrible picture, but here's the group.

And here starts the beginning of my unofficial pictures of the wedding. No kidding, there were like 3 photographers there. Many of Leah's relatives are photographers, so of course, they all had their cameras out. Even her dad, Scott, was taking pictures. On his daughter's wedding day. Haha.

Beautiful Bailey

Lexis and Fayth, such beauties. Fayth did a few of the bridesmaids' makeup. She's such a fashionista. She even did my hair and makeup for the reception. She's awesome.

The amazing Brianna Caddy. She is just so sweet. I love her!

They're married!

All of the bridesmaids (except Pedro's little sister, Karina).

What's a wedding without a jumping picture? Especially with the groom! I love this picture.

Just the bridesmaids in the Bridesmaids Mobile (Brianna's mom's Suburban). That thing carted us all around everywhere.

Here's professional hair styler and makeup artist Fayth Hicken doing my hair.


You better believe that if you take a bunch of crazy pictures on my phone, I will post them for the world to see. Thanks Lex.









She's still beautiful, despite all of the funny pictures :)

This is a really bad picture, but we did sparklers (like at my wedding) when Leah and Pedro left the reception. It was fun.



Some more pictures of the gorgeous couple.

Leah was a babe! Her dress was so pretty.

Oh yeah. The Bridesmaids Mobile.

Leah and Pedro at their reception. We all, including the bride and groom and the wedding party, sat on the stage during the reception while we ate and listened to toasts and stuff. We all felt pretty special.


So happy for them. Look at Pedro's triumphant arm in the air.

Now, here's a picture of the entire wedding party (minus the bride and groom). 




 While all of these girls were beautiful, I will say that Darsi looked like a super model. She was absolutely gorgeous.

Family picture.

I love this picture of Pedro looking at his mom. He just looks so happy.

As a side note, since I was the "Matron of Honor" (doesn't that sound like I'm so old? I guess I wasn't a maid because I'm married), I got to give a toast at the reception. I basically talked about an embarrassing story of Leah and I sneaking out of my house one time when we were like 16 so we could go toilet papering. I just emphasized that it was all Leah's idea. I ended telling Pedro that he was a lucky guy, and that she is also lucky because he treats her so well. I'm really happy for them.

I know that some of these pictures are not that great, but luckily there were 3 photographers, so I'm sure they will have so many great ones. I am so excited for Pedro and Leah. They are so awesome. I know that they will be forever blessed because they chose to get sealed in the Los Angeles Temple of the Lord. Congrats Leah and Pedro! I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment