The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I'm a College Graduate!

Well, everybody, I am done with college! I am SO excited! And I did it right in time before this little baby will be joining us. It couldn't have worked out better.

I finished my Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education from Brigham Young University. I finished in the top 10% in my class. I worked my butt off these past 4 and a half years. It wasn't easy. Teaching is not easy! But I did learn so much. 

I think the number one thing I learned from my college experience was how to be responsible and work hard. Of course, I learned a ton of stuff about young children and how to teach, and I'm so grateful for that knowledge, especially because I am about to become a mother. But I really have valued learning how to work hard, and I know that when you work hard, you are rewarded. Maybe you are rewarded financially. Maybe you are rewarded with a sense of pride. Maybe you are rewarded with good grades. Maybe you just learn amazing things, and that's your reward. No matter what, you are rewarded for your efforts if you work hard.

I have had a lot of life changes happen as I've been in college. I moved to Idaho. I met the man of my dreams and got married at 19 years old. I moved to Utah. I worked hard to get into BYU. I changed my major I think 3 times. I have had to learn how to take care of myself financially (obviously Greg and I did this together). I have learned such valuable knowledge about young children to understand how to teach and raise them better. I got pregnant. And now I'm going to have this baby in a couple of short weeks! So much has happened, and I'm not even 23 yet! I am so proud of myself! I definitely could not have done everything without the support of my amazing husband and God's help.

And there will be more huge life changes coming soon as well. Not only will we be having this baby soon, but once Greg graduates in April, we are planning on moving down to Orange County, CA. We are beyond excited! Not only will I be able to be with a lot of my family, but we are pretty sure Greg will be able to get a good job. It's going to be great!

A couple of days before I finished school, Greg and I went on an evening hike. It was beautiful to see Mount Timpanogos during the sunset.

I am 36 weeks pregnant here. I'm almost two weeks past this point now.

Me on my last day of school. I was in the preschool. You can tell I was pretty excited (even though this picture was completely staged).

The night I finished school, Greg took me out to a Japanese grill, which was SUPER yummy and fun, and then we came home and celebrated with some sparkling cider (my favorite!) and our favorite little snack (it's kind of a tradition when we celebrate to have that snack). It was so fun! 

So now that I have been done with school for about a week, I have to say that I'm not exactly sure what to do with all of the extra time I have. I'll be honest (and I know this sounds crazy), but I have been a little bored, since a lot of my friends have been busy with finals or work, and Greg has been gone most of the day every day this week. I don't know what to do with myself! I've been making lists and coming up with things I can do to get ready for the baby, like making freezer dinners, cleaning the house, making sure I really do have everything I need, figuring out how certain baby products work, etc. I'm sure all of this time for myself will be truly missed when I have the baby.

Because I've had all of this time to myself, I've had a lot of time to kind of freak myself out about having the baby. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited! But I'm also a little terrified of giving birth (maybe a lot terrified). I'm also super scared about bringing the baby home and my life completely changing. Any advice, moms?

Well, life as I've known it is going to change soon with this baby. But I am so glad that I finished school before having a baby. I am so proud of myself. I worked so hard. I totally deserve to be proud of myself. My life really is so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment