The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Greg's a Quarter Century Old

This blog post is all about Greg.

Greg is one fourth of the way done with his life (granted he lives until he's 100). I know, he's so old. I still look like a baby at 22 compared to him. 

I tried very hard to pamper and spoil him again this year. We love surprising each other on our birthdays. I wanted him to have the best day/weekend ever!

His birthday was on a Friday (May 30th). On Thursday night, I forced him to stay in the living room all night while I baked in the kitchen. I didn't want him to see what I was doing. I made him some cupcakes (chocolate with cream cheese frosting), and also made some muffins for the next morning, partly so I wouldn't have to wake up at 6:45 with him to make him breakfast. He could just grab some muffins on the go. I put a few cupcakes in a container that he couldn't see through and wrote him a little note. I had him open that and eat the cupcakes and read the note after he ate lunch at work. 

When he got home from work, I had him open his presents. I usually try to get a lot of different fun presents to open. It's a fun little thing that I've been trying to do for him every year.



Spearfishing gear



We went to Tucano's for his birthday dinner. SERIOUSLY SO AMAZING. We just love that place so much. 

This was a raspberry Brazilian limeade. This is definitely Greg's second round of it. It's so delicious.

After dinner, we went geocaching. Geocaching is basically a scavenger hunt that you can do to find things around the city, using a GPS. We found quite a few of the little canisters! It was a lot of fun. Sometimes the canisters are big, sometimes they are small. Sometimes they are hidden really well, and sometimes the hints they give you are super obvious. It was really cool.






On Saturday morning, Greg went spearfishing with his brother, Shaun. He brought me back this beautiful bouquet of wild flowers. 

We went to Seven Peaks on Saturday. It was so much fun! We got a lot of sun and it was very refreshing to be in the water. Greg's family ended up coming with us. We had a good time. Lance and Diane also took us all out to dinner for Greg's birthday at a restaurant that Wave works at (Osaka). It was yummy!

Overall, I think Greg had a fun weekend. It was pretty casual and laid back, but it was fun being together. It was fun surprising him with all of these different random activities that we did. I think he appreciated that. I just love him so much.

1/4 down, 3/4 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment