The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July Weekend

Well the 4th of July came and went pretty fast. We had so much fun! We went up to Park City and ate breakfast with Janet, Martha, and a friend of theirs from Logan, Shauna. We ate at the Eating Establishment on Main Street (so good! I recommend it!). Then we watched the annual Park City Parade on Main Street. Greg's family came and joined us all as well. It was pretty fun.







We always love being with Janet and Martha. I love Janet's little teasing remarks, and I love Martha's reactions to them. They are both hilarious.

We then went and played soccer with Greg's family and gave Lauren some tips for when she tries out for her high school soccer team. Then we headed down, ate dinner with some friends (Richie and Diana from the ward, and some of their friends), played volleyball, and then headed over to Lee and Suzanna's for some swimming and family time with a bunch of the aunts, uncles, and cousins on Greg's side. It was so fun swimming (and very refreshing too), playing with all of the little cousins, and eating homemade ice cream. We then went out front and shot off some fireworks. It was great.



The next couple of days over the weekend, Greg and I sort of just hung out. I had school on Friday for about 4 hours, and then we just went to lunch and lounged around. It was so relaxing. I loved it, even though we were not very productive.

On the way to school early on Friday morning, we saw some hot air balloons. It was so cool!

Lounging.

Friday night there was an awesome thunder and lightning storm. It made the mountains and sky look really awesome.

Saturday, around noon, Greg, Shaun, and I went to Deer Creek Reservoir. Greg and Shaun really wanted to go spearfishing (Greg has been looking at YouTube videos at people catching fish in there and has been preparing for it). I decided I would just soak up some sun for a couple of hours (big mistake on my part: I didn't put very much sunscreen on, and got toasted. Like a sundried tomato). Anyway, it was a lot of fun, despite the sunburn. Greg and Shaun I think learned a lot with their little experience, even though they didn't catch any fish (I think they saw one or two). They are so excited about it that they are going again tonight while I'm in school. It's nice for Greg to have this hobby to do with his brother. I know he really enjoys being with Shaun.


Shaun filled the wetsuit up with water, and then he couldn't really put his arms next to his side. That wetsuit meant business.






 It was a fun little experience. It made me feel like I was at the beach (sort of). I couldn't believe we hadn't thought of going to the lake before! We plan on going a lot more often this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment