The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We Sold The Car! And Other Things We've Been Up To...

Well, it's official. As of last night, we sold our 2000 Saab 9-3. You know, the car that has caused us problems since our fiasco in Vegas? Yes, that car. We have been trying to sell it for about 3 weeks now, and it finally sold! It was kind of a funny situation... We had a couple of people who were really interested in it, and then a couple of nights ago, a lady who lives in Logan texted Greg and told him she wanted to come down and buy our car the next day. I thought it was a little weird because she hadn't even tested the car out yet, but she and her husband came down last night and bought our car. We are seriously SO excited. The nice thing is, we sold it without the A/C working, which we thought was not going to happen for a reasonable price. But it did!

So it's out with the old...

...and in with the new.

We bought our new car, a 1999 Mazda Protege, about 2 weeks ago. Coincidentally, it worked out that while we were celebrating our first anniversary of being married (we stayed at a hotel in Sandy, Utah), we got to check out this car. We really liked it, so we ended up buying it for a reasonable price. Greg is a little sad to not have the Saab anymore (it had a turbo in it and just had a lot more power than our new car), but it was time for a change. This car has a lot less miles on it than our Saab, so we are hoping it works out.

We had a really nice anniversary in Sandy. We stayed at a hotel call the Residence Inn for 2 nights, went out to eat at a pizza place, rented a couple of movies, and went swimming. It was just nice to get away from the stresses of life for a couple of nights before school started.

Just wanted to post this picture of how awesome our hotel room was. We didn't even pay very much for it, but it came with a kitchen and everything. We were spoiled.

Last week, Chris and Jocelyn were moving into their new apartment on the border of Provo and Orem. It's so nice to have them back from Florida. We've been hanging out with them and it's been great. As they were moving in, they needed us to watch their cat, Oliver, for a couple of days. We agreed to babysit little Ollie.

He just couldn't get enough of my shoes. He kept rubbing his body all over the rubber of my tennis shoes. One of the nights he was here, there was a crazy thunderstorm, something I've never really been in before. Every ten seconds or so, lightning would strike, with thunder immediately following. It felt and sounded like it was right over our house. In fact, the lightning even hit one of the transformers at Chris and Jocelyn's apartment complex. It was insane, but kind of awesome at the same time. Ollie was FREAKING out. I tried to calm him down and wanted him to know it was all ok, and as I put my hand out toward him, he swatted me with his little claws (left some tiny little marks), and just stood in the corner. The poor little guy was just scared out of his wits. I guess that's what I get for trying to pet a freaked out animal.

The other night, we got together with a couple from our ward, Rebecca and A.J. Echols. I have gotten to know Rebecca through the ward a little bit, but it was so nice to have them both come over and chat and get to know each other even better. I think we really hit it off. Rebecca had this really fun idea to get two boxes of ice cream, take the cardboard off, and carve something into the ice cream. The ice cream started melting and it was kind of hard to shape what you wanted into it, but it was a ton of fun. Greg and I carved a bowl with ice cream in it (made out of real ice cream mind you) and A.J. and Rebecca carved a cat. It was really cute.

We really had a good time with them and can't wait to do more fun things with them (and their baby who is due in October- how exciting!)

For Labor Day, Greg and I went up to Park City to spend time with the family. We spent the night Sunday night and then got up in the morning and went on a hike to Stewart Falls (it's kind of near Sundance and Aspen Grove). It was beautiful, and the leaves are changing, so it was very colorful. The waterfall itself was very cool, but the water was freezing! Here are some pictures of our adventure.

This is how Park City is starting to look. As Fall progresses, it gets more vivid.

My cutie up at the waterfall

More cuties up at the waterfall

There were a ton of people there. It was just crazy.

Lance brought Sammy up to the higher waterfall. 

Overall, life has been going great here in the life of the Livingston's. We are just moving along with school and finances, even though both have been struggles for us lately. We are relying on the Lord because He is the one who will help us get through our difficult times. We are very blessed in our lives, and we are looking forward to more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment