The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Fun

Greg and I had the chance to come to California for Christmas Break. It was so nice to take a nice break and have a vacation in my beautiful hometown. We slaved away all semester up at BYU Idaho, and all our hard work paid off: Greg got 5 A's and a B+, and I got all A's. We definitely worked our butts off. But, during finals week, we decided that we wanted to take a break from studying for a little bit, so we had our very first Christmas together (early) and exchanged gifts.



We made ourselves a candlelight dinner too. We had to sit on the ground and eat next to our tree before we opened presents because we were packing everything up to move, and we had no table.

After dinner, we opened our gifts to each other.

Greg got me an iPod Touch. I was stoked! I had lost my old one back in April, so it was a pleasant surprise to get such an awesome present.

I got Greg a nice watch. He always wears a silver one, which isn't bad because it does really look good, but I decided to get him a brown leather strapped watch. He loves it.


After our last final, and packing up all of our stuff so we could move to Heber, Utah (which was no easy feat), we went down to Park City for a few days before we headed down to California. We had a wonderful early Christmas with Greg's family. Greg and I scored a lot of awesome things from his family, and we all just really had a great time together. We love being in Park City, but mostly, we just love being with Greg's family. They are so wonderful.

We got Sam a sled. He was so excited to open his present.


After our great time in Park City, we went down to good old Garden Grove, California to spend a couple of weeks with my family, and be there for Christmas and the New Year. It took us about 11 hours to get down there, and right when we got there, we went to Naples with my family and Parker and Grace. Naples is down in Long Beach in a harbor where all the expensive houses are lit up and decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful. Parker was so cute with all his questions and excitement to see all the decorations, and Grace was just adorable while we pushed her around in the stroller. We had a lot of fun.




Christmas Day was so great. Greg, Karina, and Savannah got to be here too. Savannah is such a cutie! She has the most beautiful big blue eyes. We all had so much fun being around the tree in the morning and joking and laughing with each other. I love being with my family.



A couple of days after Christmas, Greg, Dad, and I headed out to the desert to go dirtbiking. Kyle Brodowski, Ellis, Kole, and the Levert's were out there camping with us as well. Greg amazed all of us with how well he did. The first day we got there, he got on a YZ 250 and zoomed off. He went up this super steep sand hill and did it like a champ. My dad and I looked at the hill and were both thinking, "Oh my goodness, I don't even want to go up that thing, but now that Greg (the novice) did, I have to now." Greg was just tearing it up the whole four days we were there. He is a natural. We loved being out there, and no one got hurt. I fell a couple times, Greg fell here and there, but it wasn't bad at all. We had a lot of fun around the campfire every night, played games, watched movies, just like the old times in the desert. It was great.




When we got back from the desert, we got to rest. The next day we went to the beach to at least be able to say that we went. It was chilly, but still beautiful. The beach is always beautiful. I was really lucky to have grown up in such a great place. I'd say it's the best place in the world, but I am a little biased.



While I was at home, I got to play the piano a bit. I miss the piano so much, since there really isn't one to play on when I'm at school. I love to play.

New Year's Eve was a lot of fun as well. We had a lot of people over for a party, mostly adults, and played some games. But Scotty and Addison Hicken came over. They loved Greg. He was their best friend! I love those little boys. They are so cute.


I just love being at home with my family. It was such a fun couple of weeks, and I wish I could be down in California with them all the time. But soon Greg and I are going back up to Utah to work at the Park City Mountain Ski Resort. It will be a lot of fun to be able to ski and spend time with Greg's family. Heber will be a nice place to live too. I know that I will always have awesome memories with my family, no matter how long it is before I see them again, which makes me happy when I am not with them. I just love them so much! I love my husband, and I love my life. I sure do have a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment