The Livingstons

The Livingstons

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Temple


Well, I went to the temple today with Greg. We make an effort to go together every week. It is so awesome. I love it there. I feel the most peace than ever when I am inside those walls. Lately, I haven't been feeling comforted, to be blunt. I have not been happy the past few days and honestly, I guess I haven't been as in tune with the Spirit as I could be. I haven't been doing anything wrong, but haven't been making a very good effort to keep the Spirit with me. But I went into the temple today with a hope that I would be able to feel better and to be comforted during the things that I am going through in my life right now. I picked up an article out of the Ensign while we were waiting to go into the confirmation room. The article was about a woman who lost her husband when she was 36 years old because he drowned. She said that she was angry that he left her, but instead of asking the Lord "Why?" she asked "How?" How was she going to get through this difficult time and keep the Spirit with her? This lady was very inspiring and basically, just reading makes you feel pumped up and ready to face anything. Heavenly Father isn't going to just give us everything without an effort on our part first. We need to prove that we really do want what we are asking for. The article really opened my eyes on the matter; it is the same principle with everything we do in our lives. In order to get good grades, we must actively study first and then take a test. To go out on the weekends as a teenager, we must follow our parents rules and do our chores (or whatever else we need to do) first. Our Father in Heaven expects nothing less than our best when he is testing us, and then if we endure it well, we will gain all the blessings He has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment